Problems EQSL recognazing comma

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
UR9QR
New user

Post by UR9QR »

Hello Collin, thank you for nice software, which I have been using for many years and found it the best!!!
I have faced with difficulties while uploading my old RB5QRM log to www.eqsl.cc.
It happened with me, that I used comma in logging bands such us 3,5 1,8 1,9 MHz WHen I finished uploading (about 2400 records!), the eqsl site issued a table where all QSOs marked wiht one of mentioned above bands have not been stored and recognized. You know, to change all of them munually is a rather tough job, additionally my Winlog32 does not support dot (.) and says that it is ivalid data, it accept ony comma (,). I think that because of dirrent regional standarts set in my Windows. However, is there any tool to change comma to dot in quick and sufficient way and by this make it acceptable for eqsl? Perhaps it is a time to design a tool, which will help any HAM to transfer records to www.eqsl.cc? Thanks in advance
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello
Thanks for the nice comments.

There is a procedure in Winlog32 exporting ADIF to replace the "," with a a ".", may be for some reason it is not working in V2?
This would be one thing I have not checked which I will do presently.
When I have the result I will post here.

If you want a work-around then change your Windows Regional Settings - Number Format to use a decimal point as a seperator and then start Winlog32 (it should have changed in Winlog32's Frequency display too) and now export your ADIF for eQSL, after which you will be able to change back the regional settings to your preference.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
UR9QR
New user

Post by UR9QR »

Hello Colin. Thank you for your answer. Yesterday,having typing my request I realized that main problem is in regional settings of my windows. So, when I changed regionals settings to English one (Normally I use Russian windows 98 and Ukrainian regional settings). Russian and Ukrainian traditions it is set to use comma for separation different calendar, fananical, frequency and other figures. So, I simply changed it and when I restarted my Winlog32, it automaticly converted 1,8 1,9 3,5 to 1.8 1.9 3.5 Then I updated my old Winlog to last available version I have downloaded from www14.brinkster.com/ and then I found that your last version of the log unlike the older one doesn't complain on any input 3,5 or 3.5 data. Today morning I uploaded my adif file saved in new log in eqsl format (2456 records) and found that www.eqsl.cc acceptend withoun any complains.
However, I have a question to you, which is not considered as help, but just wonder
1. Why my adif file saved in old Winlog takes 604 Kb and the same one, with even 60 new records, but saved in eQSl ADIF format takes only 278 Kbs. So, just wondering if that a new technology of ADIF compressing or what?
2. In my old log I didn't succeded to make it to take data from my CD"Horse Call Book", I'll see if this one will be able read data. The problem that old vesion was not even supposed to read from that kind of call book.
Thank you again. I enjoy new vesion very much!!!
Last subject. I am considering to register my winlog, but to do it from Ukraine is not easy and unreasonably expensive almost double of required amount, so I agreed with a genlmen within European Union to send the fee. Please consider if you receive any fee from Mr. Julio Emilio Marco, Palma-De-Mallorca remember, that it was done on my behalf. Mail me registration to nd65@mail.ru Nikolay "Nick" Davidchenko UR9QR, ex RB5QRM, US3QRM Best 73's

Edited by - ur9qr on 18/09/2003 3:29:58 PM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for all info Nick

I am glad that you have got the upload to eQSL sorted out now.

Regarding the size of ADIF files.

The standard ADIF export (for other log programs and general use) has the entire data exported, plus anything that can be parsed from the Remarks field like IOTA, WW Grid Loctor etc. plus some special tags for Winlog32 import procedure.

The eQSL ADIF export only exports the basic data fields (Callsign/Date/Time/Band/Mode/RST's etc) which are necessary for eQSL, thus the smaller files saving valuable upload time.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
UR9QR
New user

Post by UR9QR »

Thanks Colin. Now it is clear, it is reasonable for eQSL project to cut all unecessary QSO info as it save thime and disk space. Regards, 73 !Nick UR9QR