backup to floppy disc limited?

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi all,

I wonder whether someone knows or has experienced the maximum number of QSO which can be stored to a floppy disc. Now I have logged about 8,500 QSO and the used disc space is 1.01 MB. What will happen if I reach the maximum QSO number (I estimate around 12.000). Will WL32 ask to change the disc or do I have to make a CD for 1.5 MB?

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Gerald

There is no disk-splitting when the floppy is full, as far as I know I can not split an Access Database so we are stuck with it
I am always running with two hard drives on each computer - H/D are so cheap now, would suggest that you abandon the floppy and install a second (small) hard drive for backups - not just for Winlog but will be useful for other stuff too?
If you are stuck with the floppy disk idea then I seem to remember that it ios possible to format a floppy up to 2MB - can't remember how, but know I used to do it in the old DOS days when it was harder to find some back-up media for large files.

With some of the new features being added to WL - I need to back-up certain other files, this will make even more demands on storage for back-ups.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author