what to enter

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
m3tdc
New user

what to enter

Post by m3tdc »

Hi all.

I have been using Winlog (Excellent) for about 10 months now i think. Works great so far. Just wondered ho to enter something different than a callsign. What is most commonly used? At the moment when i log testing in the call-sign box i enter ? or if i log RFI/TVI i do the same so my log is as complete as possible.

Also noticed a little bug i think. In the QSL area i always enter B (bureau) or D (Direct)then the date the QSL was sent in the format D 01/09/03 same when i receive a QSL D or B thn the date received.

I have noticed if i export adf file then create a new log and import the log then:

My B & D turn to the letter Y (Yankee) I just split my Log book due to a change in callsign. And another little problem was locating data via Date i read the help file and it said i may have to adjust to the american way of date structure ie. 31/01/03 to 01/31/03. It worked OK.

So allthough a little confusing Colin can you assist please.

Thanks
Tony

Best 73's Tony M3TDC
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

what to enter

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Tony,

if you want to enter all periods of activtiy you have to be aware not to enter something that can be interpreted as a callsign. So I suggest to put a blank before you enter other text, e. g. " TVI". This will not be recognised as a callsign and the program will accept this.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

what to enter

Post by G0CUZ »

Yes thats a good idea Gerald, also I will now program anyhing in the "Callsign" field containing the word "Test" to be ignored in the next version - this will also help.
I know that "Test" in the "Callsign" field is already ignored in some areas of the software but I have obviously overlooked it in the Prefix lookup.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

what to enter

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi
With reference to Tony's other comments which went unaswered....

I have fixed the problem with exporting/importing the QSLIn/Out data correctly, this was tricky as ADIF1 does not allow for what type of exchange e.g. only Y/N - I have added extra non-complient ADIF tags just for Winlog32's own reference for these fields.

As for the dates used in Searches, that problem we are stuck with! it is outside my control as the MSJet requires Date queries entered as MM/DD/YYYY e.g. the U.S. Format.
However if you enter 32/01/2003 this will be interpreted as DD/MM/YYYY like you expect but if you enter 01/12/2003 then this will be interpreted as the default date MM/DD/YYY e.g. "12 Jan." and not "1st Dec." like you (the U.K. guys at least) expect, this is a quirk of Access so stick with MM/DD/YYYY to save yourself even more confusion, hi.
Never could quite figure why the U.S. guys format their dates like MM/DD then guess there are those who wonder why we don't all use YYYY/MM/DD - each to his own I guess.....

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
m3tdc
New user

what to enter

Post by m3tdc »

Thanks to you both for your indepth answers to my problems.
Also thanks Colin for the latest software. Email sent regards DXAtlas.

Regards
Tony 2E0TDC (Formerly M3TDC)

Edited by - m3tdc on 26/09/2003 11:39:30 PM