Import /Export via ADIF to Digipan & MixW

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Mac
New user

Post by Mac »

I have found WInlog 32 very good. However while testing import from Digipan / MixW to Winlog and then reexport , i found problem with the data QTH and NAME and FREQ (in kHz) . How can I solve these problems ?
Thanks for hints.
Mac

Mac
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

hello Mac

You didn't mention the specific problem, but I can sumise that it is probably something to do with the fact that Winlog32 does not have seperate fields for Name and QTH, these are usually appended to the Remarks or User field - I don't remember, however on re-export there is no mechanism to parse the Name and QTH back into seperate fields. this is not a fault - it is just limitations in the ADIF, and incompatable fields between the softwares.

The Freq problem is probably to with international/regional number format settings in Windows. I think in Swedish settings you have numbers with a comma "," seperator and this is likely to be the problem, what you need to do is set Windows number format to use a "." as the number seperator before you export the file.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author