Winlog DXCluster Window

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
W4WHW
New user

Winlog DXCluster Window

Post by W4WHW »

Greetings Colin,

Long time no type. :) I recently picked up DXtelnet and interfaced it to Winlog
v1.9 build 12. It seems to work fine with DDEDupe running under Windows 2000. I have noticed a small annoyance in the interface though. There seems to be no way to make the DX cluser window size and position 'sticky' when minimized. When I start the cluster interface, the cluster window comes up in the lower left almost behind the Winlog32 main scroll bar. I have to grab it and drag it around for position and sizer so I can use it. I then scale down the search window on the main Winlog32 screen to about 1/3 size and position the DXcluster window under it. I size the Cluser window such that I have the top 8 spots plus the scroll bars (this is done by maximizing the DXcluster window and adjusting the top windo position using the arrows for the correct size when minimized. This makes for a very workable interface except that I have to do this everytime I stop and restart the cluster, or everytime I start Winlog32. Is there a way around this? (I'll send you an image in of the screen configured as I use it via email. A picture is worth a bunch of words! :)

Cheers & 73, Bill W4WHW

G0CUZ
Site Admin

Winlog DXCluster Window

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Bill

Thanks for the screen shot - it did help me figure out your layout.

I was just trying a similar layout and the cluster window does stay put, only thing I noticed is that the Search Page is programmed to fill the lower right of the screen e.g. the height of the Search Window is not saved - I beleive origially this was deliberate for neatness, not anticipating the DXCluster window in that position.

You should not be experiencing the problems mentioned, first thing I suggest is that you upgrade to Winlog32 v2.00, I may have added the cluster window 'save' position - sorry but I can't remember (!) but anyway you may be interested in that v2 has it's own built-in telnet for internet clusters.

Let me know if you still have the same problem after upgrading to v2.00

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
pe1mzs
New user

Winlog DXCluster Window

Post by pe1mzs »

Hi colin

I use double monitor system and want to drag out de dx-cluster window to my other monitor but seems that is only to be moved in winlog window!
is it possible for the futere to make it an independed window to be drgged everywhere??

Jasper

jasper
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Winlog DXCluster Window

Post by G0CUZ »

I will be looking at this possibility in the near future Jasper.

The original idea was to keep all windows contained within Winlog32, so that minimise WL hides all windows too - most annoying with some software that doesn't do this

I can see that some may want to have the cluster window open with Winlog32 hidden away, any comments from other users here please.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author