Export in Cabrillo format...

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
g0pot
New user

Post by g0pot »

Can anyone offer me advice?

I would like to have a go at the up-and-coming RSGB QRS Cumulative Contest and I see that for all RSGB contests they are now requesting logs be submitted in Cabrillo format.
Is it possible to export from Winlog32 in this format (I assuming not at this point). Alternatively, as I can export in ADIF format is there an application out there to convert ADIF to Cabrillo?

Thanks in advance...

de Michael G0POT Newbury
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Michael

Winlog32 does not export Cabrillo.

Have a look at the address below - I'm not sure if the software will do what you want but worth a look as it says it converts ADIF to Cabrillo.

http://www.qsl.net/ka5wss/logconv/

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g0pot
New user

Post by g0pot »

Sadly LogConv doesn't seem to give me what I want.
No problems...I'll have a go writing my own conversion utility to cover all the RSGB contest. How hard can it be! ;o)
rhw2
New user

Post by rhw2 »

Hi Colin.

quote:Winlog32 does not export Cabrillo.

Are there any plans for adding the ability to export to Cabrillo format? Reading through the Cabrillo summary pages at http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/ it appears to be simply a case of producing output of one line per QSO with the details in fixed columns and truncated if too wide, with a fixed contest-dependent header and a fixed one line footer, so it shouldn't be hard to handle.

Best wishes from Riley G7GOD / KB8PPG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Yes I have looked at the cabrillo format and as you say the actual Log output wouldn't be real problem, however there are other requirements for a contest entry, headers, scoring etc.
As Winlog32 is not a Contest Logger - the built in feature is intended only for casual opeation in Contests, if a contest entry is envisaged I really think you would be better off with a dedicated Contest Logger, there are already so many that would do an excellent job - I could not compete with them.

Most Contest Loggers should have an export ADIF facility, so a simple import into Winlog32 afterwards should take only a minute or two.

Not to end on a negative note, I will take another look at this in the future, when all the immediate work is done on the present project.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author