Bugs in WAB database

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
rhw2
New user

Bugs in WAB database

Post by rhw2 »

Hi all.

In the WAB database screen, the list of large squares omits the OV square. The reference OV00 is a valid WAB square, comprising about 50 square metres of stony beach near the base of some rather high cliffs, and is only accessible at or near low tide. Also, there is apparently an award specifically for working this area because of the extreme difficulty in doing so.

The log check robot sometimes incorrectly identifies the county when extracting WAB references from the remarks field. One in particular is the old counties of "North Humberside" and "South Humberside" which it ID's as "North" and "South" respectively. Could the logic be changed such that if it sees any of "North", "South", "East" or "West" as the county, it always appends a space and the following word to get the full county name?

Best wishes from Riley G7GOD / KB8PPG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Bugs in WAB database

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Riley

I will correct the ommision of 'OV' in the WAB database for the next version. I will also make it possible for users to amend their existing WAB database with the 'OV' square.

Regarding the other comments, despite pleas for help with the WAB database at the time of conception (approx 1996) NON was forthcoming. I will be very glad to work with anyone who uses the WAB database to make improvements and corrections where required.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
rhw2
New user

Bugs in WAB database

Post by rhw2 »

Hi Colin.

I can confirm that OV00 is the ONLY valid square in the OV field, and I'm more than willing to work with you to sort out the WAB database section, or any other section that needs any help. As previously stated, I have some 25 years experience in the programming industry, and nearly 15 years as a licenced ham and a keen award chaser, so I'm not exactly inexperienced in either field.

Best wishes from Riley.

Best wishes from Riley G7GOD / KB8PPG