Winlog32 and Rig interface

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi

I have started work on the rig interface for Winlog32, initially the inteface will work with Icom rigs only.

I would expect that a 'basic' interface would be appropriate at this stage giving a minimum requirement of adding Band and Mode to the Log input, and allowing basic control of frequency and mode from the control window and allowing frequency hopping from the DXcluster frequency output.

Although I have considered extended control from the interface e.g. memory contents and control of various rig features, I feel this would be more appropriate in a stand-alone program and the added complexity - as nice as these features would be - are outside the scope of Winlog32 as a logging program at present.

Presently the interface is undergoing testing on an IC-706.

Anyone who has a Icom Rig which has the the possibility of CI-V then I would appreciate your comments and help with testing and evaluating this feature.

A test version will be available soon,

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

the rig control is the feature I am missing in WL32. Perhaps you may ask the author JE3HHT of the MMTTY, MMSSTV programs for some support. These software is made for RTTY and SSTV and includes a logging part which is operating with most rigs. The log part is reading the frequency from the rig only. But it may be a starting point to see how the interface is working for all radios. For example the program needs only one setting for the Kenwood and ICOM rigs, but offers 2 different settings for YAESU depending on the model.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
GU6EFB
Keen user

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Colin

I have two Icom rigs here so would be pleased to help with testing the rig
control interface.

73 Keith

gu6efb@cwgsy.net
PH1PH
New user

Post by PH1PH »

Hi Colin,

I'd be pleased to help - I have an IC-703 here - but have you had a look at Ham Radio Deluxe: freeware from www.hb9drv.ch

As yet we don't have an integrated logbook, but if there was a way to combine Winlog32 and HRD it could probably beat anything else around.

Just my non-objective opinion :-)

145, Pete PH1PH - G7ECN