LOTW

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
g7tmu
New user

LOTW

Post by g7tmu »

Hi Colin

Just a note of thanks for the new “Log Book of the World” (LOTW) support in WinLog.

I have now got LOTW certificates for both my callsigns (1 old & 1 current) and uploaded around 3,000 QSO’s and all worked fine. The procedure seems a bit long winded at first, but easy once you have the certificates, which ARRL turned round in a week, after I sent off my license copy. You can make it a lot easier for yourself, if you don’t add all the optional passwords!

Not sure if you have noticed, but you can download an ADIF file of your matched QSO’s from the LOTW site. What I did was create a new WinLog database and import them, so as to keep an entirely separate LOTW DXCC/WAS check. Only problem is that WinLog requires an RST ‘sent/rcvd’ entry to update the DXCC list and the LOTW ADIF file doesn’t supply one. I just put 59 in them all, to get it to work. The LOTW download procedure sends you the matches found since you last downloaded, unless you tell it otherwise, so it is easy to keep WinLog up to date.

The whole LOTW system will be much better once more stations outside North America, send their logs in, although every time I log on it seems to improve!

Good job WinLog allows multiple databases!

Thanks

Victor G7TMU
G0CUZ
Site Admin

LOTW

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Victor

Thanks for the comments on LoTW, that is reassuring.

I am still waiting for my Cert, but have only just sent of my License copy for verification. I will investigate the returned verified ADIF file further when I am able to upload my own QSO's.

There is some developer information on this at the LoTW site and I hope to integrate this with Winlog32, so that the Log can be updated automatically from the returned ADIF, not sure how I will implement it yet but should not be too much of a problem.

Anyone else who may be reading this take note that it is better to have a separate Log for each 'Station Location' and Callsign used to simplify uploading your Log(s) to LoTW in the future. e.g. G0CUZ and G0CUZ/P should be in separate Logs.

You can overcome the empty Report in the Log problem, by opening the LCR window and enabling the "Ignore Zero Report" option, this will work in the robot AND in the normal Log input, you should now be able to update the databases without a report in the LOG using this method.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g7tmu
New user

LOTW

Post by g7tmu »

Thanks for the information Colin, the 'ignore zero report' option worked fine, I should have noticed that!