Major revisions for v2.3

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Major revisions for v2.3

Post by G0CUZ »

Work is now progressing on v2.3

I do not intend to add any new features to the next version, however the LOG interface is undergoing a MAJOR overall.

The co-operation between Normal and Speedlog options, Search and update routines and special functions are all under review.

I will be spending many hours testing various ways to improve the actual log input area.

I have already decided to clear certain long standing problems with the interface by enabling most functions now to be ONLY triggered by the Enter key.
This will mean we will be able to skip any functions/searches using the TAB key and using the mouse around the Log will not cause the previously annoying function triggers.

This may prove to be a little awkward for users who are used to using the TAB key only, but I am sure when you are used to the new 'feel' of the Log input, you will definitely see the advantages.

The changes I have(will) made affect virtually every aspect of the Log input and it will need some thorough testing, it is likely that some bugs will creep through but hope that they will be minor.

I will keep you posted on progress

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
GU6EFB
Keen user

Major revisions for v2.3

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Colin thanks for all the great work in winlog

Just a couple of comments
would it be possible to make use of the command ALT & W to wipe the call from
the log if you end up not working the station entered this command seems common in alot of logging programs.

In the telnet screen would it be possible to clear the enter box after the enter key is pressed ready for the next comment to be entered.

Keith
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Major revisions for v2.3

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Keith

Both suggestions sound fine to me and I'll try and include both in v2.3.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
m3eyg
New user

Major revisions for v2.3

Post by m3eyg »

Hi,
I've just been to you website to download a recent version, but it is not available.
I currently have v2.1 but would like to get the newer version.
Is it possible for you to check the link, so that I may download it please?

Regards,
Paul
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Major revisions for v2.3

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Paul.

Make sure you use the correct url (which was changed earlier this year):

www.winlog32.co.uk

Occasionaly the website or download site are temporary unavailable, due to maintenace, outages etc. this is outside my control, in which case try again the next day, if the problem persists contact me for Winlog32 website status.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author