DXCC update

Any useful tips you can offer fellow users can be posted here.
Post Reply
Fred
Keen user
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:24 am

DXCC update

Post by Fred » Fri May 16, 2008 8:28 am

Hi all,
Here is an issue I encountered when I run the Log Check Robot:
I have in my log a GByxxx station which is an english spacial event station.
But GB is not known in the DXCC database.
When the LCR comes to this log entry, I am prompted to "Change the contry allocation for GByxxx". Of course I click YES and two options follow:
-Update the callsign
-Add new allocation
By any of these two ways (after I entered the right(?) DXCC Entry code (223)), I am said "Can not update DXCC database"...OOPS!!
What did I do wrong?
What is the right way to make WL32 understand GByxxx is really a G station?

73
F4EOP
Fred

G0CUZ
Site Admin
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:12 am

DXCC update

Post by G0CUZ » Fri May 16, 2008 8:28 am

Hi Fred

If you are using veesion 4, then it is necessary to update the DXCC (&Prefix) database to the correct new V4 format, most problems in this area are caused by not having done the update.

Menu/File/Maintenance/File Maintenance - UPDATE DXCC (button).

The latest Prefix database is programmed to show "GB" prefix as England as default, as these will be mostly in England.

After you did the above - download the latest Prefix database.






73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author

Fred
Keen user
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:24 am

DXCC update

Post by Fred » Fri May 16, 2008 8:28 am

Hi Colin,
Thank you for your reply.
I am using WL32 V4.3.2
I updated the DXCC data base via maintenance/...
I even got the last updates, but still the problem occurs.
So I tried to download the file PrefixeData.tpl manualy from your website to the Data folder...and still GB not recognized!!!

I am desapointed

73
Fred F4EOP

G0CUZ
Site Admin
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:12 am

DXCC update

Post by G0CUZ » Fri May 16, 2008 8:28 am

Hi Fred

Try entering into mini-window "Search Prefix" ; "GB" - if prefix database does not recognise this as England, go to Menu/Database/Prefix - Information- version should be "3" and last updated should be 05/05/08, if version is different e.g. version 2 then delete the file "Prefix.MDB" in your ..\Winlog32\DATA folder and re-install latest version of Winlog32 to replace the missing file (do this with Winlog32 closed of course).

If Prefix database version is "3" and the last updated date is incorrect then the cure is obvious (download again)

If both version and date are as stated correct AND you did the test I mentioned at the beginning, I really don't know what is the problem BUT delete prefix.MDB and re-install latest version of Winlog32 like mentioned before, this will cure the problem.




73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author

Fred
Keen user
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:24 am

DXCC update

Post by Fred » Fri May 16, 2008 8:28 am

Hi Colin
I simply reinstalled WL32 and updated various databeses.
Everything looks good now.
Thanks a lot
Fred F4EOP

Post Reply