Prefix/entity lookup

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Prefix/entity lookup

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi

A new update is nearing completetion, this time the most work has been on the prefix database and with help and a combination of my own data some of Clublog callsign exceptions, I have created a large resourse with around 11,000 entries in total.

Around 6000 are callsign exceptions, ('exceptions' - that is where callsigns do not follow a standard 'rule' to determin the country of that station)

The remainder of the entries are standard prefixes and together with some other refinments in the prefix lookup this will improve the accuracy of the entity codes, DXCC atracking and reports or your logs and will also bring greater compatibility with Clublog and other callsign resources.

I have decided to keep the prefix database and lookup tables bespoke to Winlog32, rather than just to use an external resource at this stage.

Due to various reassons - the new and much improved Prefix database will NOT be backward compatible with older versions of Winlog32, and will be perhaps slower in operation, this will be mostly noticable during Log Check Robot sessions or on older computers.

Over the last ten years I have had so little feedback from users on specific callsign exceptions - even though I have provided the facility to export the exception list to enable me to update the master prefix database thus I have decided the only route forward is to use some data such as that provided by an accurate external source, 'Clublog' seems to have the most accurate and comprehensive exception list I have found.

The end user Prefix Allocation of Callsign exeptions will be not be available with the new version - like the old addage 'use it or loose it'!
Any specific callsign exceptions can still be reported to me to be considered for inclusion though, but I am not going to hold my breath!!

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author