Another use for "MODE"

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
hmcarthur
New user

Another use for "MODE"

Post by hmcarthur »

I just received some great help re: restoring some lost logs for use.......

Here is something many of you will know about but I cooked this up on my own!

Winlog32 can be a great tool for use when calling nets or monitoring known net activity. HERE IS A PRACTICAL APPLICATION

1. Create a log for the activity you are interested in and/or use the "REMARKS" field to clearly place an "identifier" sequence of script. For instance, let's say you have 5000 entries in a log but you always put "3975" in the remarks field for any entry where the station was a participant in a net on that frequency.

2. ALSO, when entering a call related to a net ALWAYS PUT THE SUFFIX IN THE "MODE" FIELD!!!!!!!!

3. So, when you are working with a specific net run a "search" on the "remarks" field and enter the value as *3975*.......this will produce all calls with a matching "3975" in the "results" window.......

THIS BY ITSELF CAN BE NEAT BUT READ ON

4. When you hit the "generate" button for this activity and BEFORE YOU RUN THE ACTUAL SEARCH do this...............AT THE END OF THE GENERATED SCRIPT MANUALLY ENTER THIS FROM THE KEYBOARD.....

SKIP ONE SPACE AND WRITE IN ORDER BY MODE ASC

This will result in all calls in the log with "3975" listed in the "remarks" field coming up on the "results" screen AND THEY WILL ALL BE ORDERED BY SUFFIX as you entered the suffix in the "mode" fields for each of those calls..

FINAL COMMENT: If I have confuse anyone interested in this foolishness please post a comment and I'll try to do a better job of explaining this.

If there is yet an easier way to accomplish this will someone let me know????

I use this novel manipulation of this wonderful program almost every night as it allows me to sort and find names and other data that I entered along with a stations call. I use the SLIDE BAR to quickly find the suffixes I'm looking for rather than trying to quickly run an individual search for every station I'm trying to find.

I apologize in advance if I should not have posted this but I thought there might be another "net nut" out there using Winlog32 for it's INTENDED PURPOSES!!!!lol

HL Mc KJ4PW