How to reset log ??

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
DK5EW
New user

How to reset log ??

Post by DK5EW »

Hi all,

is there a possibility to reset the log to nill ?

I have a 2.QTH and I need to import the datas from there via ADIF.
My problem now is that I have all QSO's 2 times in the log. The find
duplicate option does not work here.

Any idea how to reset the log or how to delete all QSO's ??

vy73's de Erwin/DK5EW

DX on 144MHz/EME
http://www.dk5ew.de
G0CUZ
Site Admin

How to reset log ??

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Erwin

It is not possible by normal means to delete all records from a Log but.....

You can have many logs in each Log Databasem each will be completely separate but will share the same Ancillary Database set e.g. DXCC/IOTA/LOC totals will be accumulated from all Logs in the Log database.

Second option is to make a new Log Database and Log, which will be totally independant from any other, thus separate DXCC/IOTA/LOC totals, this is a useful feature where you are maintaining separate DXCC totals for different locations or Callsigns, or a club station used by different operators etc.

The 'Make New Database' and/or 'New Log' facility is under menu/File/NEW LOG

You can switch easily between Logs or Log Databases by using the 'change database' buttons located around the main 'LOAD' button. The Up/Down keyboard arrows select the Log (where there are multiple logs) in the 'red' Log name window, it's very quick to change - just a couple of mouse clicks.

There is NO cross-searching between multiple logs or log databases.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DK5EW
New user

How to reset log ??

Post by DK5EW »

Hi dear Colin,

o.k. I understand. I was used to it by the VQLog - there is a menue called init and that deletes all entries in the log.

So I will have to create a new database f.e. DK5EW_1 but how does it work mit the online log ? Easy to rename the log to the online log name in my case DK5EW.log ?

Other point is each time I update the log when I update QSO's from second QTH I have to make a new log - this will give me about 200 logs in a year ! Maybe possible to program a log's init ?

vy73's Erwin/DK5EW

DX on 144MHz/EME
DK5EW
New user

How to reset log ??

Post by DK5EW »

Now I found a way: just delete the ****.log and delete the similar folder. Start WL32 and create a new log.

DX on 144MHz/EME
G0CUZ
Site Admin

How to reset log ??

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Erwin

I think I now understand your need to delete a log to recreate the same, this possible via normal file delete methods as you have found out, I thnk it is dangerous to delete a log from within the software.

You CAN add QSO's to an existing Log using the import ADIF method, Winlog32 sorts all Log data in Date/Time order so they always will show correct, it is also possible to sort the Log with the QSONo field - this is the order that the QSO's are added to the Log irrespective of Date/Time, this is useful when adding old QSO's to the Log out of date sequence (from say a paper Logs), thus usuing a QSONo sort will show which QSO's have been added last.

The other point is if working with two installations of Winlog32, then it is possible via various means to exchange logs between the two installations although some care is needed, see menu/File/Maintenance/'Transfer Log Database' - this options was initially added for LAN work.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
GM3ZZA
New user

Re: How to reset log ??

Post by GM3ZZA »

Thanks,

This has helped me with my problem. My locator database had been corrupt with a couple of incorrectly copied locators, and I needed to recreate it.

Export existing log as ADIF.
Close winlog32.
Rename existing log file and database directory.
Restart winlog32.
Import exported ADIF file.
Rerun check robot.

73 Phil GM3ZZA
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: How to reset log ??

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Phil

if ONLY your VHF locator database is corrupted, then I would recommend just deleting the 'VHF.MDB' database, this is in a sub-directory off /LOGS

Restart Winlog32 and go to menu/File/Maintenance/File Maintenance - "Create new ancillary set"
This will replace any missing database file (in this case VHF.MDB).

You will then need to run the log Check Robot to populate the empty database.

Exporting the log is NOT a recommended way of backing up or transferring Winlog32 logs, there are other functions more suited.

73 Colin
G0CUZ