Column widths in main log screen...

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
rhw2
New user

Column widths in main log screen...

Post by rhw2 »

Hi Colin.

For reference, on cold-starting WinLog32 in response to your question, I note the following on the callsign log screen...

With the exception of the entries for GM3WMW/M and GM0/EA3MMM/M the Callsign column is wide enough for all callsigns currently in my database. That particular callsign loses the right hand side of the /M so looks a tad odd as a result, but it's usable once one gets used to it.

The Date column is only wide enough to show the month and year, and doesn't show the day of month at all.

The STime and ETime columns are uncomfortably tight for displaying the times in, although all the digits are present.

The Band column only shows the kHz columns of the frequency entered with the MHz digits hidden behind the STime column. This definitely needs widening as it's meaningless as it stands.

Also, with relation to this column, it would be an idea to change the Band to Freq not just here, but elsewhere as well.

The Mode and Pwr columns are fine.

The ReportOut and ReportIn columns are fine as regards the data display. However, both headings appear as Report at the display width used, so it would probably be best to relabel them Tx Report and Rx Report respectively.

The Remarks column is never going to be wide enough to allow the longest valid entries to be displayed, but the current display width is probably fine as a default when nothing better is known.

I will add that, as previously noted elsewhere, I have had to create two WinLog entries for some of my contacts just to get all the awards details entered as the current Data Entry width for this column is far too restrictive.

The User column could use having the width of the neighbouring QSLIn column adding to it, but such would be plenty.

The widths of the QSLIn and QSLOut columns are fine but, as with the Report columns, the headings appear identical. Perhaps headings of RxQSL and TxQSL would be better.

Also, I'm used to these two columns being the other way round, so would appreciate their being swapped over here.

On my screen, a column whose width is equal to the combined widths of the current Remarks, User, QSLIn and QSLOut columns combined is unused on the right hand side.

Best wishes from Riley G7GOD / KB8PPG

Edited by - rhw2 on 21/03/2003 08:13:42 AM