New User

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
bilzer
New user

New User

Post by bilzer »

I am new user and I am trying to make sure I am logging correctly. In the REMARKS box..is that where the contact info goes? Ie: name, address, country?
Is there a way to set the default for Band Mode and power.

Also if anyone has a simple process for the upgrade please let me know!

Bill N1WL

Bill Losefsky
G0CUZ
Site Admin

New User

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Bill and others who may also need this information.

The 'Remarks' field in Winlog32 has 'smart' checking to update the various ancillary awards databases e.g. DXCC, IOTA, WAS etc.
If you intend using the Log for award chasing or just statistics then you really need to read the help file which describes the various syntax for this field.
If you have no interest in such things and just want to log Name/QTH of the guy you are working then you can use this field for whatever you wish but Name and QTH would be appropriate.
If you do use the 'smart' checking in 'Remarks', then I would suggest that you use the 'User' field for Name/QTH (or any other requirement you may have).

The Band, Mode and Power can be added or removed by the user from menu/options/Custom Lists. Once set, you can select the Band during Logging by putting the cursor in the BAND list and use the up/down arrow keys to select the one required - this same procedure to set Mode/Power/Prop.

Upgrading from v1.6 to v1.8 should be done in two stages - firstly to v1.7 and then to v1.8 using the update files mentioned and available on the Winlog32 site from downloads/update menu item. Its always recommended to read the text files in the zips which will describe the update procedure.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author