database help please

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
ZL2BMH
Keen user

database help please

Post by ZL2BMH »

Hello all.

I have a small problem that I need help for. It is to do with the DXCC database. Every contact I make, is entered into the DXCC database. This means of course thatI have plenty of entries to a number of Counties, eg: when I make contact to say 'JA' I enter this station into the DXCC confirmed contacts.

Should I be entering these stations all the time, as I have a growing list as you can imagine

Any help will be really appreciated.

Jim (ZL2BMH)
G0CUZ
Site Admin

database help please

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Jim

The DXCC database is updated automatically from the log, only each NEW Country/Band/Mode is entered, not all contacts as you suggest, all subsequent contacts with an existing Country/Band/Mode are ignored by the DXCC database.

Example - If the DXCC database contains entries for Japan 14 CW, Japan 14 SSB, Japan 21 CW, another QSO with a Japanese station on 14 CW or SSB would be ignored, however Japan on 21 SSB would be accepted by the DXCC update routines and would be added to the DXCC database.

There is no practical need to have other than the first new Country/band/Mode QSO entered into the DXCC database.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author