SWL(Shortwave listener) Label problem...

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
g0gfq
New user

Post by g0gfq »

Hi All

I wonder if any of you can help me with a little problem with the printing of the SWL label? I know that we have to insert something in the remarks field of the station of which the Listener's report is relevant, but can't find the format in my help file?

Sure we did see it somewhere, but at the moment can't find it!!

As I haven't had a reply to my original post this has been edited! Surely someone out there has used Winlog32 to print a response to a listener card? The label is there for a reason...

Keith GØGFQ
Please visit my website: www.g0gfq.com

Edited by - g0gfq on 28/01/2002 10:17:58 AM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Keith

To answer a SWL card you need to enter into "QSLOut" (example):

L SWL001 (where SWL001 is the SWL's identifier)

The QSL label printing routines will then respond to this and format/print a listener label during printing.

It will appear on the 'To Print' list with the original station worked callsign - NOT the SWL callsign.

After updating, the QSLOut field would (in the example) be re-formatted as "LS-SWL01", so that no further QSL labels will be selected for that SWL.

To send also a QSL to the station worked you will need to delete the "LS-SWL01", and enter a "B" or "D" in the normal manner.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g0gfq
New user

Post by g0gfq »

Thanks Colin

I knew text had to entered somewhere to trigger the printing of the SWL label, but couldn't find any reference!

Great software and interesting to see the other user's comments in this Forum.

Keith GØGFQ
Please visit my website: www.g0gfq.com