Dx-Telnet - Winlog 32 v 1.6 - windows xp

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0CAM
New user

Post by G0CAM »

Hi Colin
I have all the parameters set up ok in DX-Telnet,Connect to the Cluster and wait for Dx Spots to start, then bring up winlog but all I get in winlog is the box come up for the cluster "WAITING FOR DXTELNET", the only way I can get the Dx spot in the winlog cluster box ,is to go into Dx-Telnet on my C:\ Drive and bring up the DDEDUPE Folder and then open DDEDUPE for the DDE parameters I must keep this box open all the time to be able to receive DX Spots via Winlog how can I over come this.
Cam
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Cam

Yes you are right - the only way on a NT based system is to use DDEDUPE, this little exe was made by Fabio to overcome the DDE problem on NT4/W2K/XP op. systems. I beleive DXTelnet will work on all W95 based systems without using it though.

I am afraid there is nothing I can do about from my side it as it is part of DXtelnet and the exe is a fix required for linking to external software such as WL32.
If you are a registered user of DXTelnet then you could put some pressure on Fabio to hopefully sort the problem, which should be fixable - but I am not sure how.

If you are using DXTelnet all the time then you could put DDEDUPE in your Windows 'Start'.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author