eQSL and ADIF improvements??

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi.
Quite a number of users use eQSL, and to make the ADIF output from Winlog32 more conveinient I have decided to improve the routines and handling of ADIF exports for this purpose.
I have added a new menu option under File/Export/logs/ADIF-eQSL
I have used a different query to filter out unwanted log entries e.g. "CQ" and TEST entries and I have excluded any entries in Callsign field containing a "?".
I have used a filter so that QSO's with either ReportIn or ReportOut field blank will not be selected when option 'Ignor Zero Reports' (on the LCR window) is NOT on, reason is to hold any incomplete QSO's (no report = no QSO?)
The ADIF file is saved as "eQSL.ADI"
When Log is exported for eQSL the last QSO# is saved and next export will continue from next QSO number.
The eQSL ADIF records are sorted by QSOno, which means that any new entries including any old contacts added will still be exported.

Any comments or if there is anything I have missed while I am working on this aspect then now is the time to say, add it here. Thanks

Hopefully the above improvements will be enabled in the next version.
Anyone who uses eQSL and would like to test the changes before release, let me know direct to my email address.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
ZL3GA
New user

Post by ZL3GA »

As an avid eQSL user, THANKS Colin!!!
These mods sound great and will make handling the eQSL uploads a lot easier.

Geoff Clark, ZL3GA
Christchurch
New Zealand
g7tmu
New user

Post by g7tmu »

I have had some problems with the ADF import facility, which works fine except for QSL_RCVD, which it seems to just ignore! Might be a problem with the ADIF file being imported, but it looks OK with a text editor!
Any ideas where I might be going wrong please?

Thanks

Victor G7TMU
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Victor
Send me a short example of the ADIF file you are trying to import, just a few QSO's only and I will take a look at what is happening.
Add it to an email and please remember to describe the attachment in the email, as I delete any emails as a matter of course with any undescribed attachment.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author