DX Cluster

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
g0rdp
New user

DX Cluster

Post by g0rdp »

Hi all,

I have been a Winlog user since Super Winlog days running on Windows 3.1.1.
With Winlog 32 under Win 98SE I have been unable to get the DXCluster working corectly. With Winpack 6.4 running all seems OK but the spots read do not all apear in the cluster window. Random parts apear, sometimes the DX call and nothing else, sometimes only the time, and sometimes the frequency: but rarely a full spot.

This is the only problem I cannot cure, any advice would be welcome.

Thanks for the forum Colin.

73 David G0RDP

David
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DX Cluster

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi David
I am sorry I did not get back to you about this previous.
This is known problem, If you are using a TNC then try it in KISS mode.
Another way around it is to use the AGW packet engine to drive your TNC, you can still use Winpack with AGWPE too.
I am interested if anyone has found a cure for this problem, please lets have some posts about it yep or nope, unfortunately I am not a packet guru - hence why I piggy-back Winpack/AGW/DXTelnet for WL32 and I have not been able to reproduce the problem here.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g4wey
New user

DX Cluster

Post by g4wey »

David,

I have the same problem with the DX Cluster when using a TNC and found the only way to cure it was to use the AGWPE engine and the sound card and all spots now pop up complete. Give it a try its free.

Brian G4WEY.
GI0OTC
New user

DX Cluster

Post by GI0OTC »

Hello All, I had the same problem when using packet radio for the cluster. I now use Internet access via DXTelnet for the clx, and the spots are 100%.

73 de Alan, GI0OTC
g0rdp
New user

DX Cluster

Post by g0rdp »

Hi All,

Thanks for responce to my question, I looked into the AGWPE method but I have decided to adopt the following technique.

As I have my sound card permanently tied to Weather Satellite reception, packet will stay on the serial port. However as Colin knows I was for many years a hardend DOS user and my log was SWISSLOG, until Super Winlog was developed.

My solution to the DXCluster problem is this, I now run DOS SWISSLOG in packet mode in a window on the WINLOG32 screen. All DXCluster spots are received, and I only have to keep the SWISSLOG ststistics file updated from my WINLOG for the spots to indicate if they are worked or needed by me on any band.

Perhaps this is a cowards way out but it works, and keeps my sound card available for other things, I only use Winpac when actualy working on packet TX.

Thanks again, enjoy the forums.

David

David