Windows XP problems ?

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
GI4SJQ
New user

Windows XP problems ?

Post by GI4SJQ »

Hi all

Is anyone running Winlog32 in Windows XP. I have it running in XP and have had a problem when trying to print QSL labels. I am getting 'run time error 380' Invalid property value. On clicking Ok the program closes. As I have it on another PC running Win2k I am able to get QSL labels printed.

George
GI4SJQ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Windows XP problems ?

Post by G0CUZ »

HI George
I am going to guess that you have a HP Laserjet installed on the XP machine?
I have heard of this problem with the HPLJ but have not tracked it down, I beleive HP use there own print software rather than using Windows print manager. There is something the HP's soft doesn't like (perhaps a selected font) and I have not been able to track it down.
The only thing I can suggest as an interim measure is to select another printer under Windows print manager and then open Print QSL window, then re-select the HPLJ and it should then print without error, unfortunately you have to do this each time.
regards Colin G0CUZ

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
GI4SJQ
New user

Windows XP problems ?

Post by GI4SJQ »

Hi Colin and thanks for thwe info re the printer drivers from HP. I do have a laser but it is a Brother (HL-1250). I will give that a go and let you know what happens.

George