Remote logging

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
joevb
Keen user

Remote logging

Post by joevb »

Hi Colin,

I have been using remote logging without any problem but find that with a single database containing multiple logs on the main logbook, it is impossible to change posting to a different log once one is selected on the remote PC. Any changes made in Options> Settings> Remote Database> Choose Log will simply revert to the original settings and Winlog32 on the remote PC will continue to post to the same log on the Main PC.

Remote logging is a very useful feature of Winlog32 for anyone running more than one station as is the case here with a rooftop HF and VHF and up station and one in the basement for LF, MF and the lower HF bands due to antenna configuration in the space available.

Thanks and regards,

Joe 9H1CG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Remote logging

Post by G0CUZ »

Joe

I will look into this and get back to you

73 Colin
G0CUZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Joe

I've looked at this and modified the procedures to enable you be able to select other LOGs, at the same time I revised (improved) the logic on setting up remote logs.

This will be in next version, probably release mid to late November, but if you need sooner or like to test, please contact me via email directly.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
joevb
Keen user

Post by joevb »

Thank you Colin. I have sent you an email.

Joe 9H1CG