Power Value when Importing Logs

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
VE2QNN
New user

Power Value when Importing Logs

Post by VE2QNN »

Does anyone else have a problem with the power value when importing ADIF files from, e.g., N1MM, PSK31 or MMTTY? Try as I might, setting the power value at, e.g., 100 watts, in the import dialog in Winlog32 does not import this value into WinLog; rather Winlog appears to use the value it last used in Winlog32.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Power Value when Importing Logs

Post by G0CUZ »

Well, to be sure I just did a test import myself and all was working as expected -the PWR field was populated by a set value.

Winlog32 Import window 'Add Power..' = value was set to "100w"
Winlog32 Import window 'Add Power.." option enabled (checked).

This function will fail if the ADIF tag 'TX_PWR' already has value in the externally exported file.

The Winlog32 PWR field can only accept <4 characters, if exported TX_PWR value is greater than 4 characters it may fail e.g. be blank AND any set value in the Winlog32 Import window may NOT be substituted (not sure about this last fact until I check the code).

Perhaps this may give you some clues?
VE2QNN
New user

Re: Power Value when Importing Logs

Post by VE2QNN »

Thanks Colin, I'll run with this the next time I import. My ADIF files have typically had a value in the PWR field. So I'll let you know what I find. 73, Bryan