FT8 mode

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
mm0amw
Keen user

FT8 mode

Post by mm0amw »

The new FT8 mode seems to cause a problem in WL32 when uploading to Clublog. When I try to upload a qso directly to CL , it fails and the message 'CL error in data' appears above the Callsign input box. However, if I export a qso or group of FT8 qso's as a Clublog ADIF file then upload it, it is accepted and processed as normal, anyone else seen this problem?
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: FT8 mode

Post by G0CUZ »

Both real-time API and specific export for Clublog use same mode validation in Winlog32, so if there are any differences in handling -it is on the C/L end.
As off this time 'FT8' is NOT a valid ADIF mode and may or may not be rejected by various importing services or log programs, depending on how stringent their mode validating is.
Most of the invented 'new' modes are added to the ADIF specification in time, however I have preempted this and added it to the accepted ADIF modes in Winlog32 EXCEPT for LoTW where upon export it is mapped as DATA, as I know that the LoTW validation is very stringent and QSOs WILL be rejected at this time unless mapped in TQSL (I don't want that hassle)
The changes take effect with 7.3 build #7 available now.
73 Colin, G0CUZ
mm0amw
Keen user

Post by mm0amw »

Hi Colin and thanks for the fix, all seems to be working fine now. I had already mapped FT8 to DATA in TQSL for LOTW.
Thanks again,
David, MM0AMW
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi all,

meanwhile FT8 is an accepted mode in Lotw. Actually you have to upload your QSO manually with TQSL to get them in Lotw. Automatic upload by WL32 will lead to a DATA entry.
I am sure Colin will update WL32 soon :-)
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for the info Gerald

I will add the FT8 mode for LoTW for next release, which may also feature autologging from WSJT-X which is at testing stage ATM
73 Colin
G0CUZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

thanks for the new release. The WSJT-X interface works nicely. That´s really simplifying the logging process. :D
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
9a5cw
New user

Post by 9a5cw »

Hi Colin,
have a question about JTalert-x with Winlog32 ;)
Tryied to configure both 3 programs to comunicate together but without succes.
Followed what you have wrote on the help pages but didnt work for me (METHOD 2).
Not sure if lastqso.adi its monitored by UDP or Winlog32 check the file location?
Here its where is my lastqso.adi located:
C:\Documents and Settings\Patrik\Local Settings\Application Data\HamApps\9A5CW\logs
In JTalert-X the following port its enabled 2333. Maybe its a wrong UDP port number?

Btw WSJT-x and Winlog32 comunicate very well alone, just when i try to run also JTalert nothing happens.

Maybe i am doing something wrong ;)

best regards and 73,
Pat 9A5CW
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Pat

Thanks for the feedback.

Method 2 uses the file capture method (lastqso.adi), so it looks like the file pointer is not correct.

Is your user name in Winlog32 '9A5CW''? as this is used to automatically generate the correct path to the lastqso.adi file.

Menu/File/Maintenance/File Maintenance - Debug, enable this option, disable and re-enable JT-Alert, inspect the 'errorlog.txt' file in your Winlog32 folder for any clues.

What operating system are you using?

73 Colin
G0CUZ
9a5cw
New user

Post by 9a5cw »

Hi Colin,
thanks for fast reply,

path to the lastqso.adi its incorrect, using here WIN XP SP3

ERROR.LOG
7.3 revision 11 21/09/17 14:48:52 frmFileChangeNotify_sub_UsernameJTAlert folder NOT found: C:\Documents and Settings\Patrik\appdata\local\HamApps\9A5CW\logs\ : C:\Users\Patrik\AppData\local\HamApps\9A5CW\logs\ 0

Its should e like this for WIN XP users:
C:\Documents and Settings\Patrik\Local Settings\Application Data\HamApps\9A5CW\logs

Well, i have made a "hard link" to a lastqso.adi JTalert original folder and i pasted it in a self made
C:\Documents and Settings\Patrik\appdata\local\HamApps\9A5CW\logs folder and now it works.

Didnt test it on other Win systems 7,8,10... maybe there its working ok.

Btw, any chance to import exact freq from lastqso.adi ?

Patrik 9A5CW
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for the feedback Patrick

I have sent just you an email regarding this.

73 Colin
G0CUZ