lOG CREATION QUESTION

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
W5ZV
New user

lOG CREATION QUESTION

Post by W5ZV »

i had a computer failure which disabled my WinLog32. I saver the log files before downloading version 7.2 for re-installation. I found that the program had changed since the version I was using. I at first tried just using my old logs which contained over a years contacts, but no joy. I removed the old logs and tried just making new ones, no joy, I'm at my wits end. If anyone can help, I would be very grateful. please let me know at BillW5ZV@gmail.com. Thanks for yuor help! 73 de W5ZV.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: lOG CREATION QUESTION

Post by G0CUZ »

I've emailed you directly about this and awaiting your response.
73 Colin
G0CUZ
W5ZV
New user

Post by W5ZV »

Colin,
My last email to you concerned the use of the small contact database that came up with the previous version I believe it was the QTH data base. In any event I cannot bring up a data base that is concise and will fit within the quick entry window.. If that is the email to which you refer, I did not receive it. I consider the loss of that pop up box a real loss. I hope you can advise me.
Bill
W5ZV
BillW5ZV@gmail.com
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I didn't get any further emails from you Bill, sorry.

I think you are referring to an online 'Callbook'?

I recommend HamQTH, you have to register with this service at their web-site - it's free, then you will have the username and password that is a requirement in Winlog32.

Open callbook window, menu/Callbooks/Callbooks Online subscription....OPEN

Click on toolbar options button (button#1)

In Callbook window - select Callbook option (HamQTH?) from drop-down list and 'Online' from list on right.

In Callbook window - click on "SETTINGS", enter your username and password and click on APPLY.

menu/Callbooks/Callbooks Online subscription. - enable AUTOCHECK

The callbook window appears after you have entered a callsign and use the ENTER keyboard key.

There is help pages on callbooks....

http://help.winlog32.co.uk/hlp_callbook_overview.aspx