Log check robot

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
joevb
Keen user

Log check robot

Post by joevb »

Hi Colin,

Is there any way to make the log check robot go through the "Mode" and perhaps the "Prop" fields to update any changes in the logs and have them recorded in the database?

This question comes from the following scenario: I have imported a number of QSOs from the old DOS Fastlog using an AIDF convertor. Winlog32 imported these QSOs seamlessly. A number of digital modes were not born yet when Fastlog was created so as the years went by, I had posted these under the generic "PKT" packet mode as this was the only one available. In Winlog32 however it is possible to assign any mode to any QSO by updating the custom list. I went through the imported log and manually updated every QSO assigning the proper mode from remarks I had kept. This is quite sufficient really but I wondered if it would be possible to update the info also in say the DXCC database by making the Log Check Robot check through the Mode field.

I believe the same applies to QSOs edited after they have been posted.

Thanks and 73,
Joe
9H1CG - G4GTI
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Log check robot

Post by G0CUZ »

Joe
Probably the simplest way is to build another DXCC (or what) database.
Manually delete the DXCC database (DXCC.MDB) (or what) and go to menu/file/Maintenance/File Maintenance, 'Create New Ancillary Set' button, this will replace ONLY a missing database with a new blank one, then back to the robot.
For the Log there is a search/replace function, but some care is needed due to the nature of 'modes'
73 Colin, G0CUZ
joevb
Keen user

Re: Log check robot

Post by joevb »

Thanks Colin, as you suggested, deleting and creating the database afresh is the best option and resolves the problem.

73, Joe
9H1CG - G4GTI