Problems with web site and downloads

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Problems with web site and downloads

Post by G0CUZ »

Sorry for the temporary glitches in the web site and file downloads.
Some enforced changes on the web server is giving all sorts of problems, working on this and hope to have this sorted soon.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Problems with web site and downloads

Post by G0CUZ »

Web site is back up 26 February, should now be able to use 'Latest Updates' window and download files as normal
Still working on the online help pages, this should be fixed shortly.
73 Colin, G0CUZ
LA4CAA
New user

Post by LA4CAA »

When trying to download the prefix update # 128 from "latest updates" I get the message "prefix update not possible".
I'm using version 6.6.1 and all other updates onboard.

73 de Knut/LA4CAA

Edit: Just tried to download prefix update # 128 again a few minutes ago and now it went well.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

OK Knut

Thanks for the reply, yes I am currently engaged in various work-arounds on the old server and temporary download site to get some sort of service for us, I am abandoning the existing service sooner rather than later as the customer support is absolutely s**t.

As of today, I now have a new web service provider, and UK based, still a shared server but should be more than adequate for what we need.

Things are already looking good, there is some more work to do on this, but hopefully in a day or two when all DNS is updated this new service will be available and we will be back to normal.

I will report here when all is good.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Wednesday 1 March

Well after all the problems I've been having, I am glad to say Winlog32 is now on a new server and provider, all should be back to normal and DNS should be updated, don't forget to refresh your web page if still showing errors.

Everything should work as expected - web pages, downloads, and help pages should all be accessible.

If you find anything not so, then please get in touch.

73 Colin
G0CUZ