setting up transceiver cat interface with winlog 32

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
sparks240
Keen user

setting up transceiver cat interface with winlog 32

Post by sparks240 »

I have a problem setting up the cat interface with winlog 32. I had hoped I would find the answer on the online help. For some reason this service is not available. I have successfully set up the interface from ZLP Electronics with my pc. The interface is connected to a Kenwood TS870. The com port assigned by windows is comport 9. When setting up the parameters in the "rig settings" of winlog 32 I am assigning comport 9 to the custom settings. This does not seem to be accepted. It defaults to com port 1 which is verified at the programs rig control panel, "error in com port 1". If I go back to settings I see com port 1 is highlighted. Is there a way of resolving this problem.
Thanks
G0oof
sparks240
Keen user

Re: setting up transceiver cat interface with winlog 32

Post by sparks240 »

Okay, I think I have sorted the problem. To get com port reconised and set, I scrolled down through ports in custom settings and then came back up to port 9 and clicked. It was accepted. It is not of major concern, but when I click on a dxcluster spot the TS780 responds immediately to that spot in showing the correct frequency, which is my ultimate objective but the rig control window of winlog 32 does not always respond in the same manner. It sometimes changes to the same frequency, or may be one spot frequency behind, that I had clicked on. It will be good to see the online help active again.
Reg G0oof