Still having troublewith cluster

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
ZL2BMH
Keen user

Still having troublewith cluster

Post by ZL2BMH »

Like the gentleman below I too as you can see are having trouble getting cluster to work. I can see where it's trying to connect and bring that list of servers into play but WLNET just sit's there all lonely and does not provide that list. :mrgreen:

Sorry, but al least I'm building up my list of question hi hi
Jim
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Still having troublewith cluster

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi JIm

If you see the list of servers, in the WLNET Site Manager, then just double-click on one of the callsigns in the list, it's normal to select one is in the same continent but even that is not essential, when you have clicked on lets say 'G9ZZZ' internet cluster, the title bar will say 'Trying to Connect to G9ZZZ', the connection should be fairly quick and within a second or two, so if nothing happens, the connection has failed and it will time-out after about 20-30 seconds.

I do NOT want to recommend one cluster over another as the Cluster provider will probably not appreciate it.

If it times-out, then select another from the list until you find one that works, if after trying several - including some from US and EU, then it is possible you have anti-virus or a Firewall setting on your computer that will need attending to as it could be blocking the connection.

You do not say what version of Winlog32 you are using - which is always essential, I know I updated the cluster list in Winlog32 towards the end of last year, I had to purge around 70% from the old list which were not working anymore - they tend to come and go over time.

I'm sure I posted this before, but this link will show you what WLNET windows looks like and the Site Manager cluster list

http://help.winlog32.co.uk/hlp_dxc_setup.aspx

73 Colin
G0CUZ