Winlog32 Display Windows

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
M1SLH
New user

Re: Winlog32 Display Windows

Post by M1SLH »

Thanks Colin,
Yes, I had negative values: Appleft -245760, Apptop -245760.

Ken, M1SLH
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

After looking into this and looking at the possibilities, I have decided....

To add a menu item "Window/Restore Windows" this is probably not the best naming for this function as it may be misleading, so any sugestions?
Anyway the function will run through any of Winlog32's open windows and set them to a default position on the main log form -- so in other words - just a quick fix button to find any missing windows.

Not sure how this will work out with multiple screens in practice, as in the case of Keith, Winnlog32 is on screen #3 , I do not have any facility to test with multiple screens at this point and will assume in the worst case - Winlog32 will be restored to screen #1 at 0/0.

If the main application windows goes missing (off the screen bounds - say where you have changed the number of screens) where I can see this will give problems, I am looking at other possibilities to reposition this but to a default position, I am expecting that screen #1 is always going to be at position 0/0 (top left).

I have looked at the possibility of dealing with the multiple screens and making sure non of Winlog32's windows go missing when changing the number or position of screens or display sizes, etc., however this approach is extremely complex and not something I want to tackle at the moment.

The best I can do - is detect if no more than one screen is being used and if any negative values are encountered to top and left window positions, change back to zero to ensure they will at least display on the screen area, this as only working on single screens + the manual menu restore position options which I hope will do for multiple screens.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
GU6EFB
Keen user

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Colin

I am not worried which screen it ends up on it will be just nice to easily find lost windows. Its easy to drag them back to you favorite positions.

Thanks for taking a look at this issue for us.

73 Keith GU6EFB