Log Endtime (ET)

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
g3wzt
Keen user

Log Endtime (ET)

Post by g3wzt »

I never log in real time. I still keep a paper log and use WL32 post QSO. Odd maybe, but that's how I use it..

I have been using this excellent program for many years now but have never bothered with trying to enter the QSO End time. Having just enabled "Display End Time" from the options menu I find the following problem.

I fill out the end time for the log entry and when the QSO input is completed the ET gets overwritten with the current PC clocktime. If I go back into the QSO and amend the time it stays as entered and does not get altered to PC clock time.

How can I prevent the QSO End Time from being overwritten and keep the time that I have manually entered post QSO?

Thanks

John G3WZT
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Log Endtime (ET)

Post by G0CUZ »

hi John

If the auto date/time is disabled (1st toolbar button un-pressed) End Time will not be updated or overwritten, however if the auto is (wrongly?) enabled this will happen.

I just tried it again myself in case a bug had crept in, but all seems normal.

I'm still inputting old paper logs from the 1980s myself and I must admit that I gave up entering/displaying the end time ages ago, it used to be a requirement as you know and that is why it was originally added.
g3wzt
Keen user

Re: Log Endtime (ET)

Post by g3wzt »

Thanks for that Colin and I quite agree about end times.
However, with EME and MS contacts it is nice to have a record of the times taken for the QSO.

I have input logs back to 1979 and do not intend going back any further!

John