Log entries get warning of "Error in Data"

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
KI4WCQ
Keen user

Re: Log entries get warning of "Error in Data"

Post by KI4WCQ »

An update on this problem now that it is solved! The basic problem was that Internet Explorer would not open some secure sites, notably Clublog. In IE8, tools>internet options>advanced tab, TLS 1.0 had become unchecked. With TLS checked, IE8 would now open Clublog's secure site, and Winlog32 could do the auto upload.

I have no idea how this occurred as IE is not my default browser. Colin suggested I try going to https://secure.clublog.org using IE8 to see if I had a security issue. Sure enough, that was an issue as it failed.

While the above solution is simple, it certainly wasn't easy to find. Colin and I exchanged over 25 emails and he made two tweaks to a beta version to try to trap the cause of the error, as the failures were not showing up on the Debug file.

My hat is off to Colin for his time and effort in getting to the bottom of this.

Johnny KI4WCQ