Robot not recognising mode

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Morseman
New user

Robot not recognising mode

Post by Morseman »

I'm setting WinLog32 on a new PC and have imported an ADIF file and run the Robot to load the countries worked. The problem is that, although the number of countries worked per band has worked, it has not recognised the mode.

I've loaded the latest beta version from the webpages.

Any suggestions as to what I need to run to update the mode used please? It's logged in the ADIF backup and shows in the mode window as the Robot sorts through, it just doesn't seem to have been picked up by the band graph.

Thanks - Dave (G0DJA)
Morseman
New user

Re: Robot not recognising mode

Post by Morseman »

I think I know what's happening. The previous programs that I've used insisted on modes in the format "CW" or "SSB" etc, even though I always preferred A1A or J3E etc.

It looks like WinLog32 wants the mode in the format "A1A" not "CW". Anyone know of a quick way to reformat over 6000 entries back to the right format please?

Thanks - Dave (G0DJA)
Morseman
New user

Post by Morseman »

Solved the problem!

Went into settings and entered "CW" "SSB" etc., and deleted the "A1A" "J3B" options and now it's working OK.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Dave

I think you figured it out OK.

The mode identifiers used should be set the same in the DXCC database, Log AND mode selector.

DAM those IARU modes - only us in the UK got fixed-up with them back in the 1970s, thanks to the DTI and RSGB.

Now logging is a bit more relaxed here in the UK, I'm seriously thinking of converting all my modes back to 'proper' identifiers, this can be done with the log search/replace option, but will require any of the used ancillary databases being replaced and re-populated.

73 Colin
G0CUZ