LOG won't load

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
K8FAC
New user

LOG won't load

Post by K8FAC »

I downloaded the latest version of Winlog32 (6.2.1) and it worked fine for one evening. On day 2, it would not load my LOG file, and would not save my settings. When I open the program I get the error message :0: / 1, and I am asked to create a new log. Yet, the LOG file that I backed up from my previous version of Winlog32 is still there in the Winlog folder, and populated with my contacts. When I try to load it, nothing happens, and all the data entry windows turn black when I click on them. I tried to re-install the program, but the same thing happens. Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: LOG won't load

Post by G0CUZ »

The log may be corrupt?

Menu/File/Maintenance/File Maintenance - REPAIR and select your log database file as per intructions.

If this works all will be fine.

If it does not, then you will have to copy your back-up file from the back-up media into the appropriate /LOGS folder in Winlog32, this will work only if you have a good and recent back-up log database file.

If you are till stuck, email me direct and include some screen-shots of the problem.

Let us know how you get on.

73 Colin
G0CUZ