LOTW and Database autocheck questions

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
SV1GRB
Keen user

LOTW and Database autocheck questions

Post by SV1GRB »

At first congrats for this very easy to use logging software!

I would like to ask two questions. One about LOTW and one about the Databases autocheck.

1)About LOTW:
After performing "Import and Update" from the LOTW menu, my verified QSO's have the V mark at the QSLin field.
I noticed that I cannot add anything in this field. Is this normal?
The contact may be verified but I think it could be useful to be able to add the letter Y for paper qsl card received later on. Just to know that I have paper QSL card received for this contact.

2)About Databases autocheck:
I cannot find what I am doing wrong while entering a QSO and the Databases does not always automatically update.
Most of the times I have to run LCR in order my databases to be updated.
I have the Auto Check enabled at the databases I am insterested in.

I am not using speed log. Maybe something with the order of the fields I fill in during the QSO "disturbs" the autocheck.

Thanks in advance,
Haris
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: LOTW and Database autocheck questions

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Haris

With a verification "V" in QSLOUTIN you should be able to Add "B" (Buro) or "D" (direct) indicating QSL Cards.
It will not accept "Y" as a confirmation in this respect.

The auto-check will require you to ALWAYS use the keyboard key when entering QSO data.
Some of the databases require the country data displayed and this is fired when you press the enter key on the callsign field (if it is not present already)
Some of the databases e.g. VHF and IOTA require information entered in the remarks field with a specific syntax, the help documents should explain this fully with examples

If you do NOT use the enter key like when you are using the mouse or tab key to navigate the log, the update functions are skipped.

Hope this answers your queries.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
SV1GRB
Keen user

Re: LOTW and Database autocheck questions

Post by SV1GRB »

I understood.
Sometimes when someone first gives his handle and then the report I am using the mouse to navigate through fields.
So this is the "problem".

Thank you very much.
73, Haris