eQSL Upload problem

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Alan Doherty
Keen user

eQSL Upload problem

Post by Alan Doherty »

Hi all,

I can upload to eQSL from WL for one QSO only "eQSL 1/1 records added". If I enter a second QSO, it shows an "error in data" message. Only way around this problem is to shutdown and restart WL, bit drastic I know.
The "Upload ONLY tagged QSO" box is unticked in the real time upload section, and no added QSL messages.
Any thoughts..

Cheers
Alan, GI0OTC

Loooong time user of WL
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: eQSL Upload problem

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Alan

Are you using the latest version of Winlog32?

I was testing this just in the last few days and was working fine - I was adding some old paper logs into Winlog32.

The 'error in data' is a message from eQSL, not sure what it could be causing it, make sure you have the latest version 6.2.1 and enable the debug option menu/File/Maintenance/Log Maintenance -Debug

This works live, so if it has been disabled (default) it will not be logging errors until it is enabled.

You can look at these errors yourself but will not mean much to you, but will help me.

Good to see you are still around

73 Colin
G0CUZ
Alan Doherty
Keen user

Post by Alan Doherty »

Hi Colin,

Yep, I'm still about..
Just finding my feet again after a longish break from radio. Thanks for the heads up on the new version.
Still getting the same error in both versions, also when I try to send a previously logged QSO with the left click function. It sends one QSO to eQSL ok, then the error..

Cheers
Alan, GI0OTC

6.1.7 22/11/14 21:20:12 Sub_CheckValidDatabase 387 'Visible' property can't be set on this control
6.1.7 22/11/14 21:23:27 Sub_CheckValidDatabase 387 'Visible' property can't be set on this control
6.2.1 22/11/14 21:30:38 LOGFORM_Sub_ProcessQSLUpload 40020 Invalid operation at current state
6.2.1 22/11/14 21:30:56 LOGFORM_Sub_ProcessQSLUpload 40020 Invalid operation at current state
6.2.1 22/11/14 21:32:48 LOGFORM_Sub_ProcessQSLUpload 40020 Invalid operation at current state
6.2.1 22/11/14 22:54:20 LOGFORM_Sub_ProcessQSLUpload 40020 Invalid operation at current state
6.2.1 22/11/14 22:55:24 LOGFORM_Sub_ProcessQSLUpload 40020 Invalid operation at current state
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Alan

Thanks for that, I am looking into it.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
Alan Doherty
Keen user

Post by Alan Doherty »

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your effort.

Alan
GI0OTC
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Alan

I spent a bit of time on this today, I think I can see where the problem occurs but not sure why you should be getting it.

It looks like the complete packet is not being received from eQSL, this is fine on all the test computers I have tried which are Win7 & 8.1, but have not tried it on any older systems where the buffer may possibly be a limiting factor, wonder what operating system you are using?

Anyway, I have modified the code and done a few test uploads to eQSL and works fine, but difficult to know if this is really the answer as I couldn't duplicate the error you have.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
Alan Doherty
Keen user

Post by Alan Doherty »

Colin,

Using Win XP Pro SP3.

As I say if I restart WL then I can upload one QSO only. Same if I do a right click and add the QSO manually, it only works on one QSO or after I restart, for one QSO..

Odd

Alan, GI0OTC
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

OK, thanks for the info Alan

Hmmm, XP may be the problem although can't confirm this, the data packet is not being completely received, so the port is not closing, that is causing the error to be generated - trying to open the port which was not closed, I have fixed the port closing problem, and as only the OK or message errors are being received in this instance, it should not affect the actual upload data.

As good as XP was in the last century, you need to treat yourself to a Christmas Present!