wrong Country in Callsign

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
ZL2BMH
Keen user

wrong Country in Callsign

Post by ZL2BMH »

Hello All.

I have a card here which I'm trying to enter but it comes up with the wrong Country. It is ZK2GEO issued from Niue Island but comes up as New Zealand.

How can I change it please.

Many thanks, Jim ZL2BMH
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Re: wrong Country in Callsign

Post by DL4KG »

Hello Jim,

doubleclick into the callsign field and you will be asked to change the country code. Click "yes" and choose the country you need.
Last edited by DL4KG on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Jim

Yes, as Gerald says, that is the way to correct the country, however.....

According to my info any ZK2 after 01/08/2012 is NZ, so this problem may have been caused because the wrong date was in the date field.

If you edit or enter the date after you have already entered the callsign it may show wrong in these circumstances unless you put the cursor back in the callsign field again and 'Enter' to generate a new country check, this you should always do if a country is not showing correctly.

If you QSL shows the QSO date after the above date, I would be pleased if you can post the details so that I can make an adjustment to the prefix data, we can make it as accurate as possible.

Regards Colin
G0CUZ
ZL2BMH
Keen user

Post by ZL2BMH »

Thank you both for your reply.

This problem is mine in the making. I am re-entering all my contacts ( QSL cards) I've received since 1980. A huge undertaking but I am nearly there, so this is why the card shows NZ, but back then (1999) it was Niue

Well spotted Colin.

Regards,
Jim ZL2BMH