new install not working

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
kb3uwc
New user

new install not working

Post by kb3uwc »

I have been using winlog32 for about 3 years now, on my old xp machine. Never a glitch. I recently replace the xp machine with a windows 7 home premium 64 bit one. I then downloaded the latest version of winlog32 and installed it. When i go to the logging page, All of the boxes to record the qso are gray except the date, you can not click on any box, with the mouse. Also above the search prefix box, there is a box flashing red that says load. What am i doing wrong?

I found the answer to the other question i had in another thread. about transferring old logs to the new computer.

Thanks Steve KB3UWC
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Re: new install not working

Post by DL4KG »

Hello Steve,

it seems that you have not created a log file. Hopefully you have a backup of your old log, just restore it to the new machine. After that it should work.
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
s56vgl
New user

Post by s56vgl »

Hello to all from Slovenia.
I have problem with my log.
i had problem with my win 8.1 and i beafore reinstall it,save oll on my usb stik winlog32 and log.
Than when i fresh install my windows and than i install winlog32 fresh and copy log file into log than i have a problem.
i run my winlog32 and select database s56vgl.log i got message there is no log in,but it was no error or problemse with my copy backup on my stick usb,i have two log,one is called log and second is portabel,but no one is see on load log.
Best regards
i use lates wersion winlog32.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi

Any operating system after Vista e.g. W7/W8, do not install into \Program Files folder, these systems do have strange problems when manually copying files, I always recommend making a folder like C:\HAM and using that for your ham related software.

Of course this may NOT be the problem....

Are you sure that you copied the log file to the correct folder in the new installation?

e,g. ..\winlog32\LOGS

Always CLOSE winlog32 before manually copying files in/out of the installation.

If you can not resolve it, please send me an email with an attached file (zipped) copy of your back-up file and the one you have on the new installation, and I will be glad to check it out for you.

73 Colin
G0CUZ