Rig Control error when start w/o dongle

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
n8oou
New user

Rig Control error when start w/o dongle

Post by n8oou »

I didn't find this issue when I searched for rig control topics.

My environment: Winlog32 V5,8,1 running under Linux - Wine.

What I did: Purchased a Kenwood TS-480 then connected it to my test Computer with a USB to RS232 dongle. Set Winlog32 Rig Control to run the radio. All testing was successful. Installed the radio in my car, and un-plugged and put the dongle on the shelf.

9 months later I installed V 5.8.9 on my test computer, in a new directory which kept the old version intact. In testing the new version I wanted to see what the old version was like on an item.

THE PROBLEM:
When I started the old version it also opened the Rig Control window with window title stating "#1 Kenwood - error on com1 port" That would be correct because the dongle is setting on the shelf, and the computer has no serial ports. I clicked on the window, settings, options, and un-checked the start rig interface on startup. When I "X" off the window I get the Wine equivalent "Blue Screeen of Death"

If I start Winlog32 then simply try to exit, I get the BSOD.

My Solution: I edited the WinLOG.ini file and changed K_Start_Rig from =1 to =0.

I have a hunch winlog32 is trying to close the non existent serial port, which should also be a problem in the real Windoze environment.

This is the first problem I have found in running v5.8.1 in the Linux - Wine environment for the past year.

N8OOU Mike