New prefix and log country look-up routines

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

New prefix and log country look-up routines

Post by G0CUZ »

Just to explain the new routines as of v5.7 for DXCC look-up from Callsigns and the log database, this has changed from previous versions and thus the new prefix file is not compatible with older versions.

When entering QSOs in real-time, the country name (and entity code) is parsed and determined from the callsign and date entered using the Prefix Database (this is as as before).

Other times, except prefix 'search', the entity code already entered into the log is utilised to indicate the Country/DXCC Entity.

If the 'code' field is zero or blank in the log, then the Prefix database is used determin the Country Name and will display it in 'red', this error condition means that the code field will need updating.
A single QSO can be corrected by double-clicking the Callsign input and change the Country as required, or the whole log can be corrected by using the Log Check Robot (LCR) with all update options DISABLED.

The Code field can be blank or zero if the file was imported from another program that did not include the DXCC entity code in tha ADIF file or some error occured in the QSO input prevented it being determined in real-time, e.g. missing date or other problem.
In this mode the LCR will correct the entity codes if they are zero or blank.

N.B. the 'code' field can be remain zero to indicate a NOT VALID QSO for DXCC, a QSO with /MM or /AM stations or other illegal or invalid operations for DXCC.
A zero code may also be a QSO with no Reports entered (indicating not a complete or valid QSO)

A discrepancy between the entity code produced by the Prefix database and any that are correctly entered into the log should be reported to me, the 'correctness' can be confirmed from the log Page Callsign field using the right-click/item "Look-up in Club Log".

The LCR has an option 'error log' which will generate a file in the Winlog32 folder containing a summary of the problems encountered during its operation, if you find problems then inspect this text file, and/or send it to me for scrutiny.

I am working to make the prefix database as accurate as possible, and some of the changes in this version are part of that process.

I always welcome any feedback on prefix/callsign/entity abnormalities, although I rarely get them.
If I don't know then I don't do.

G0CUZ