Version 7.3

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
k0ivk
New user

Version 7.3

Post by k0ivk »

Hello All,
I have been using Winlog32 for many years. I don't ever upgrade as long as everything is working like I want it to.
I recently went to version 7.3 only because I was getting complaints about FT8 QSOs being uploaded to LoTW as DATA. Now I am having a page layout problem with 7.3 I have always adjusted the log page to show about 32 entries with only enough room at the bottom for 3 or so search results. With 7.3 the page keeps returning to the default configuration with just 17 entries showing. Does anyone know how to fix that?
I wish I had stayed with the old version I was using.
Any help would be appreciated.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Version 7.3

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi
I am not sure what the problem is but if you can contact me directly via email with the following, I will look into it.

Your operating system
Your screen resolution
A screen shot of your Winlog32 layout required.
Your 'winlog.ini' (settings) file.

Any files should be zipped.

Thanks

73 Colin
G0CUZ
k0ivk
New user

Post by k0ivk »

Colin,
Thanks for the reply and offer to diagnose my problem. I had hopes someone else had solved the same problem and could possibly tell me a setting or option I needed to activate. I can just adjust to the current behavior of the program.
It is just a minor adjustment to the length of the log page and it will stay that way all day. I can even shut down the program and it will start again with my preferred setup. I can even reboot Windows and all is well, it's only when the computer is shut down overnight that I have the problem.
Joe k0ivk
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

OK Joe

No problem, I would have gladly looked at it for you.

I suspect that it is something to do with layout, I introduced a system to ensure that if a page or winlog32 was dragged off screen, it would reset to defaults on next start-up as it does save position of most windows, and in that case windows can 'disappear'.
This can happen when changing screen resolutions and in some other circumstances, it may need tweaking, but had no other reports of a problem.
73 Colin
G0CUZ