PstRotator and function key

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

Post by IT9PQJ »

I'm having a lot of fun by using Winlog32 with PstRotator and I think that it would be great to have a function key (or a combination of keys such as Ctrl+M or something like this) assigned to "Move Rotator" function instead of mouse-clicking the relevant icon.
Best regards,
Nico
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for the suggestion Nico

The function keys are all taken up with other functions, but if you or others have a key combination preference we will take a vote......

Incidentally, I am working on Winlog32's own rotor control interface, so we will have basic functions without external programs for some of the rotor protocols, what rotor do you have? ... and what are others using?

73 Colin, G0CUZ
iw9hrz
New user

Post by iw9hrz »

Hi Colin

I'm also interested to this particular function, I use WinLog32 since many years, and would be really useful have a simgle key (maybe between F1 and F12 if there are some free ) or if are all busy use a combination of keys as Ctrl+R (R as Rotor) or Ctrl+M (M as mouve rotor), But I think will be better have a single key to use.

Is also a nice news to know that you are working in a rotor control interface, actually I use LP-Rotor and PstRotator.

In case you will make WinLog32 own controller, keep third parties software avalaible the same.

I think that a function key for the rotor control will help many Hams

best regards

Paolo IW9HRZ
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

Post by IT9PQJ »

Hi Colin,
many thanks for the quick reply as usual!
Maybe Ctrl+A (or better yet F1, F2, F3 if not busy) would be fine. I would also suggest to solve what I reckon to be a bug: when you click the 3 el. Yagi icon it gets red from black and stays red even after the rotation has stopped unless you click it back in order to get the funcion ready for the next rotation; wouldn't it be a good idea to get the function back ready (icon black) by the time the rotation stops?
And... Yes, please make the basic stand-alone rotor control in Winlog32, but please keep PstRotator avalaible at one's choice.
I use a Kenpro KR-450XL as a rotator with the ERC (Easy Rotor Control) kit installed which communicates with PstRotator software.
Best regards,
Nico
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Thank you for the feedback on this Nico.

Function keys(F1, 2,3 etc) are already very busy!, so it will have to be Ctrl+? to operate from keyboard, ctrl+R would seem logical even if not in best place on keyboard, but I am open to suggestions.

I am also testing with ERC, of course I will keep third party options too, as I only expect to develop basic control possibilities with on-board rotor control and I am sure that stand-alone programs like PSTrotator can offer extended functions like tracking az/el etc.

The rotor icon should normally turn black after rotation has stopped, but this was originally developed for LP-Rotor and ARSWIN interfaces, maybe it is not working with PST, I may remove that icon colour change anyway with the in-built rotor interface.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

Post by IT9PQJ »

Hi Colin,

I would suggest Ctrl+A although A as Antenna makes less sense than R as Rotate, it's more comfortable for both left and right hand pressing. What do you think about that?

Yes, with PST it doesn't work... Do you think I should write to PST developer?
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I think Ctrl+A will be convenient, I will have to check with code but this seems better than +R.

I will contact Codrut directly when I have finished the work as he will require some parameters to add to his program.

I have had no time recently to work on Winlog32, but hope to complete these functions soon, if you can email me direct, I can keep you posted on development and possible testing?

73 Colin, G0CUZ