POP_UP window with dynamic manager info

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
ik6bak
New user

Post by ik6bak »

First of all thanks for this great software.
This is all I need in a logging software, including the chance to 'play' with native access files.
This allows to import data from different sources without troubles, at present time about 28.000 qso and 2.600 in the manager file.
Let me suggest a new feature: a pop-up window with dynamic data stored in the manager file.
For instance at typing a call in the log, the pop-up window should show automatically all the info (not only the manager in the remarks field) previously saved on the manager file.
Take a look at this image which talks better that any word:http://www.morsekey.net/sub/winlog.jpg
Thanks a lot, congratulations again.
'73 de ik6bak - Eliseo.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Eliseo

Thanks for your comments.

The QSL Manager database is supplied 'blank' so it can only be built by the actual user from log data, I aggree it would be good to have a big data file for all QSL Managers and have an auto-search facility like you suggest but do not know a free source for a QSL Manager database, and then the problem keeping the database up-to-date is something I do not have the time or interest for.
The pop-up window could work like the "callbook' look-up, I have just added a new web-based callbook interface with HamQTH - we need some internet resource like this for QSL Managers that allows free access for all.
I do have the web based IK3QAR facility for QSL Managers but have only permission to use the web page based look-up.
I am always looking to provide new facilities but need reliable source data.
regards Colin
G0CUZ
ik6bak
New user

Post by ik6bak »

Thanks Colin.
Indeed the window i mean should work exactly like the "QRZ callbook online", in real time loading data from the manager file (QSL.MDB).
The idea to leave the manager database blank is correct so that people can customize it with their own personal data.
In my case for example, have populated the manager database with members of the most important CW clubs (FOC, HSC, VHSC, SHSC, INORC etc), so that it could be possibile to know immediately some data of the correspondents.
This is what winlog32 doesn't do, is that correct ?
'73 de ik6bak - Eliseo.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I have revised the interface style for the QSL Manager lookup.
This should suit your particular purpose.
Will be in next version release 5.7.4 onwards.

Thanks for the suggestion.
73 Colin G0CUZ
ik6bak
New user

Post by ik6bak »

Glad to see that you have accepted the suggestion.
I am sure that this option will be very useful for other om.
Thanks, '73 de ik6bak - Eliseo.