Info Link

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
K2WLO
New user

Info Link

Post by K2WLO »

Is it possible to have an alert to the fact that a logged QSO also has an Info Link message? In other words, if I recall a QSO I would be able to tell if I had something in Info Link. I put notes and mostly use the URL link. It is impossible to remember which QSOs have one.

73 de K2WLO John

Ex KC2WLO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Info Link

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi John

If you have menu/settings/options tab Search - info link search enabled, the window will pop when you are entering QSO.

There is no indication which QSO has a message set, the problem being that this data is not stored in the log but in one of the ancillary databases,

It would be further processing overheads to display which QSO had I/L info - or not - this was not the original intention.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
K2WLO
New user

Info Link

Post by K2WLO »

Thanks for the info Colin. Having the window pop up automatically would be nice. I went to menu/settings/options tab Search - info link search enabled as you suggested and I already have it check off, but I have never had the window pop up unless I double click on remarks.

73 de K2WLO John

Ex KC2WLO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Info Link

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello again jhn

The window will pop when a callsign is matched in the Callsign entry field
Use the enter key on the Callsign field, was trying this yesterday and it 'pops' (suprise - since it was probaly ten years since I tried it!)

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
K2WLO
New user

Info Link

Post by K2WLO »

It popped, just like you said it would! Thanks Colin. I may use it more now I know it pops up with the handy info I jotted down. I'm thinking memorial QSOs and special events...

73 de K2WLO John

Ex KC2WLO