bandview

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
g7lrr
New user

bandview

Post by g7lrr »

On bandview if just started up, if you go to telnet window and do say sh/dx on 40m it lists in that window but flys off the screen,
you scroll back to see the list but as you do so a new spot comes in and wipes the page you have to start to scroll down again and it go's on etc.

It would nice once the list come's up for it to list in cluster window or bandview for that band this would a great addon to the bandview.

So if you started bandview you can see what is on the band quick without having to list sh/dx on 40m etc..

So in other words it would fill right away, i think at start as winlog32 logs onto the cluster would nice to have option to say list the last 10 to 100 spots for all bands and that to display in cluster or bandview window.

maybe as you use bandview and click to another band it does list last 30 this makes sure you donot miss any spots

what do you think Colin is this possable

regards
73 Andy
G7LRR
G0CUZ
Site Admin

bandview

Post by G0CUZ »

Andy, I relpied to this in another post in DXCluster View post

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

bandview

Post by G0CUZ »

I am looking into doing something with this.

However as an interim do sh/fdx or sh/fdx 20 (etc)

The retro spots will come through with normal format and will be added to Cluster list like in real time

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g7lrr
New user

bandview

Post by g7lrr »

Thank you for the post back Colin all understood.

Keep the good work up i love the new updates over the last year.

I find myself hitting the latest update button alot just in case you have releast another lol

cheers
Andy

73'ws De G7LRR Andy
G0CUZ
Site Admin

bandview

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Andy
I have been running some tests on this for the last few days and appears to work OK
The sh/fdx/## command is sent on start-up, I am not sure if some sysops restrict the number of retro spots that can 'fetched' - this seens to be the case as e.g. sh/fdx/50 does not always fetch last fifty spots on some clusters I have tried it with.
I have this working on all clusters that have the recognise the FDX command,
DX Spider, AR-Cluster, CC-Cluster & Wincluster all recognise the FDX command, CLX and DXNet do not it would appear, nothing I can do about it. but most of the popular Cluster software does fortunately.
With above information, you can do some checks for yourself on the cluster you use to see if this is going to work for you.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author