DX Cluster views

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
M0PCB Iain
New user

DX Cluster views

Post by M0PCB Iain »

Good evening and HNY all,

Thanks for the continued support of Winlog32 Colin, the other day I was trying to work out when I started using it, probably 8 or 9 years ago now. I digress.

I am a great fan of the DX cluster band view, although I do have both the band view and the normal list view displayed, as for me having both is useful.

Wonder if it might be possible to allow both views to be opened on start-up. Currently I am able to select one or the other and have to start the other manually.

Certainly looking forward to future updates, even if this feature doesn't make it! ;-)

Cheers & 73,

Iain M0PCB

73, Iain M0PCB/M1ETJ
Vlasta
New user

DX Cluster views

Post by Vlasta »

Hi Iain,
I think it is possible when you mark the "Auto Run Cluster Band Wiev at start" in the toolbar/dxcluster.

Vlasta, OK1FIM
M0PCB Iain
New user

DX Cluster views

Post by M0PCB Iain »

Hi Vlasta,

You are right, so it does! I had not tried that, had just seen that the tick could only be applied to one or the other.

I have only just noticed teh google maps function too, must have had my head in the sand when that came along. Very nice job :-)

73, Iain

73, Iain M0PCB/M1ETJ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DX Cluster views

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Iain

Thanks for the comments, and thanks for your long time support and interest in Winlog32

I believe it was in late 1997 - early 1998 when I finished and release v1, and before that 'Super Winlog' was going along on the old Windows 3.11 around 1995 - seems a long long time ago now? did I make a frankenstien monster?

Yes, I find the 'band view' very useful myself, when used with rig control, it provides a quick visual on who is on a particular frequency when tuning around the band - say in contests - and without waiting for Callsigns -these can be a long time coming from some expeditioners, also find it very useful to pick off the DX in 6m and 2m ES openings.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g7lrr
New user

DX Cluster views

Post by g7lrr »

On bandview if just started up, if you go to telnet window and do say sh/dx on 40m it lists in that window but flys off the screen,
you scroll back to see the list but as you do so a new spot comes in and wipes the page you have to start to scroll down again and it go's on etc.

It would nice once the list come's up for it to list in cluster window or bandview for that band this would a great addon to the bandview.

So if you started bandview you can see what is on the band quick without having to list sh/dx on 40m etc..

So in other words it would fill right away, i think at start as winlog32 logs onto the cluster would nice to have option to say list the last 10 to 100 spots for all bands and that to display in cluster or bandview window.

maybe as you use bandview and click to another band it does list last 30 this makes sure you donot miss any spots

what do you think Colin is this possable

regards
73 Andy
G7LRR

73's de Andy
G7LRR

73'ws De G7LRR Andy
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DX Cluster views

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Andy
Thanks for the suggestion.
I don't want to start any new development work on winlog32 until the current version is completed and released, I am trying to conclude this but it is taking much longer than anticipated.
However after that time, I will look into your suggestion, and see if I can come up with something, it is not straightforward as the format from sh/dx is totally different to packets off cluster spots.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DX Cluster views

Post by G0CUZ »

I have looked more into this......

An interim fix for now is to use the sh/fdx or sh/fdx 20 (etc) command

The retro spots will come through with normal format and will be added to Cluster list like in real time.

Usiong 'fdx' will enable me to add this routine without too much trouble at least to call this command to automatically fill Cluster window when first starting - this may help the problem, calling the cluster fdx band each time the Band View window band is changed may not be such a good idea due to the possible lag, but will see how it works in practise.

Most (but not all) of the popular cluster software supports 'fdx' e.g. AR-Cluster, CC-Cluster and Wincluster, also DXPsider but it does with slightly different format for band 'sh/fdx on 20m'
DXnet and CLX do not support the fdx command it would seem, but I do not have any experience with any of the above software - perhaps someone else has?.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
n5att
New user

DX Cluster views

Post by n5att »

Hi Colin,

Would it be possible to highlight the callsigns in the Band View the same as in the Cluster View? That is: confirmed, worked but not confirmed, need, new country; for each band by colors.

This would allow one to identify a needed band-country, etc. in a contest for example.

Thanks for all, Colin.

It just keeps getting better!

Lawson N5ATT
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DX Cluster views

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Lawson

it would be a great feature but sorry to say that having looked into this before found that it is not practical at this time.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author