Rig and Antenna fields

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
iz4fuf
New user

Rig and Antenna fields

Post by iz4fuf »

Hi Colin, first of all congratulations for the great software.
I really appreciate the '@PWR' feature, but my red text box is too crowded to use it.
I know you should change the database structure, but it would be very nice store the rig and the antenna used for each individual QSO, and even print this data on QSL labels.

73 de iz4fuf, Riccardo
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Rig and Antenna fields

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Riccardo

Thank you for your comments.

I do not want to change the Log database structure at this stage, so as to keep forward and backward compatibility.

If you are using different rigs/antenna on the same band then this is not an easy task, however if you use particular rigs/antenna unique to each band then this can be taken care of by using the procedure already in place whereas labels 1 through 6 can be defined for a band or frequency range.
(QSL Label,Options - TAB 'Select Label').
thus label 1 could be setup for 3.5MHz, label 2 setup for 14MHZ - 28MHz, label 3 for 144MHz, etc etc.
This selection will be automatic depending on the frequency of your logged QSO.

This may help or not? but is best I can suggest.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Rig and Antenna fields

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

think request sounds interesting to me. Is it possible to print the figure from the PWR field to the QSL? I prepared different QSL labels but I have to write the power level by hand afterwards. Or did I miss this feature?

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
www.qslnet.de/dl4kg
www.mydarc.de/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
iz4fuf
New user

Rig and Antenna fields

Post by iz4fuf »

@Gerald: from 5.4.3 release added features:

Print QSL (Label)
Added facility to print power from Log PWR field onto label,
this is achieved by adding '@PWR' to RED text box, the '@PWR'is replaced by contents of PWR field
Added option to convert dbW to Watts for printing onto labels, which works with above.

@Colin:
yes, i know label switching trick, but, unfortunately, i often use different rigs/antenna on same bands.
I'll be patient, maybe one day... ;)
Thanks a lot anyway for your precious work.

73 de iz4fuf, Riccardo
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Rig and Antenna fields

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Riccardo,

thanks for the information. Indeed I missed that additional feature because I changed to another QSL print software years ago. But I will have a look into the QSL print option of WL32 again. It may save some time for export from WL32 into the print software if this is working in WL32 now.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
www.qslnet.de/dl4kg
www.mydarc.de/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG