W/C DXCC window

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

W/C DXCC window

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

many thanks for adding this feature. I have just 3 things to "complain" about:
1. The window stays always on the top layer and the size is not adjustable.
2. I would like to see my 1296 MHz standings, but ot the 70 Mhz band as thsi is not allowed in DL. Can you modify it to be adjustable by the user?
3. The third "complain" is valid for the rig control window as well: If I change to the charts the W/C DXCC and the rig control window stay in front of the screen. I would like to see them disappearing and after closing the charts they should be visible again. Is this possible?

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
www.qslnet.de/dl4kg
www.mydarc.de/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

W/C DXCC window

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Gerald

Thanks for the comments.

There are always going to be some prolems with windows in a multiple window environment - some of which have control and some of which are 'on-top' - both programming and as an end user.

I have made the on-top windows e.g. RCW and the new band DXCC display on-top as the alternative will be even more difficult to manage, if I can explain - in the case of the DXCC band display, if it gets hidden underneath another window I can not makie it visible again without making the window 'Active' - this has some bad effects programatically - also in the past I have had many reports of windows getting 'lost' underneath other windows, I have decided this is the best way to manage certain windows which need to pop-up or change content without any user intervention.

I agreee there is not enough room for everything, we have to compromise, in the case of the DXCC band display, it is optional, myself I always run the RCW in the mini-mode too - it takes up very little room on the screen.
I have had a couple of requests to make the to make the DXCC Band display sizable - but to me would make this loose it's function as all bands of interest need to be in view, but what i will try to do is make only the bands visible that are in the Band list - this should help in this respct.

Now that larger monitors are available cheaply or being used extensivly, I expect this will become less and less of a problem in the future. I am using a 15" monitor on the dedicated Winlog32 coding PC, a 17" on my internet machine and recently installed a 19" widescreen for another task, I am able to run and use Winlog32 on all these screens to check how it works out in these displays.

At this point I have suspended development until after the summer time as I have other interests and committments consuming my free time, but will be resumimg development on version 5 thereafter, so I do appreciate all feedback.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author