Auto update of manager status in database

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
F5JSD
New user

Post by F5JSD »

Good morning Colin,

Here is a suggestion of a feature that would be helpful.

The QSL manager database is auto updated based on info in remarks field.
You implemented 2 useful fields (G_BUR & G-DIR) to track if the manager accepts cards either via bureau or direct.

What would be really nice would be to auto update these fields when a QSL_IN is flagged as B or D when received. The QSL card database is already updated, so I guess this may be possible.

I currently have close to a thousand records in the manager database and when working multiple stations with the same manager it would be nice to be able to remember if the manager accepted via bureau in the past.

73 de Pascal - F5JSD
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Pascal

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sounds good to me, I'll look into the possibility, and get back on this one.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hmm

I looked at this Pascal and it would seem that I already implimented this auto-update from the QSLIN field in the past.
If you change the contents of QSLIN field e.g. add a "B" or "D" then the relative field will be updated in the QSL Manager database.

If you are not getting an update then maybe something else is not correct e.g. MUST have the QSL manager already in the Log Remarks field, the Auto-update must be enabled, the ENTER key must be pressed on the QSLIN field, these are the only things I can think of for now.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
F5JSD
New user

Post by F5JSD »

Good evening Colin,

Everything works as you describe.
I feel guilty on this one :-( it seems I got it wrong somewhere in the sequence.

Thanks !

73 de Pascal - F5JSD